ICED is the peak international forum for sharing evidence-based practice, research and ideas about education of Deaf / hard of hearing students. The first ICED was held in Paris in 1878. Since 1970, it has been held every 5 years in countries throughout the world.
The theme is The Power of Connection:
- connections throughout the world and across languages and cultures
- connections through spoken, sign and written languages
- connections between researchers and practitioners
- connections between teachers of the deaf and mainstream educators
- connections between teachers of the deaf and other professionals
- connections between professionals, students and their families